Happy Spring everyone!
You clean your home in the spring, throw out items you don't use, and organize the things you love - why not treat your business the same? Here is a spring cleaning checklist you can use to energize your business before busy season hits!
- Order new album samples
- Update your business cards
- Stock up on stickers, ribbon, boxes, mailers, tape, batteries, misc supplies so you’re not making runs to Target during busy season
- Send camera gear in for yearly cleaning and maintenance
- Buy new memory cards and chuck the oldest ones
- Make sure your bag and straps are working well, if not purchase better ones
- Update cover photo + profile photo
- Update about and contact info
- Schedule posts every other day, if not daily
- Update bio + profile photo
- Save time and plan out your grid - I plan using Later.com
- Update all portfolios and DELETE any portfolio photo or blog post that isn’t vital to your brand
- Update copy on your bio, contact info, links, etc
- Add new testimonials
- Blog at least once a week to keep traffic steady
- Revisit SEO keywords
- Hyperlink all phone numbers + email addresses on footers, contact page, etc
- Create a new email signature
- Get than inbox to ZERO and vow to reply to all client emails within 24 hours
- Make sure your copy and branding is up to date on any sites like WeddingWire, The Knot, Google+, etc.
- Send thank you notes and surprise gifts to vendors if you didn't over the holidays
- Schedule some coffee dates with photographers and vendors in your area
If this post helped you out, join my mailing list! You’ll get exclusive small business advice, editing tips, marketing guides, and more delivered twice a month.